I have awesome friends. I am blessed! That said I'd like to share with you the news that I've been awarded some mighty fine blogger awards by one of them! WooHoo!!
The following two blog awards were given to me by one of the funniest, most talented writer friends I've made at the OWG (online writing group) at Kelley Armstrong's site - her name is Tammy Crosby - and she puts a smile on my face everyday with her wit! God bless her!
The first award is
Apparently this award entitles me to be a member of a friendly little group. Like all groups, there are rules:
1st RULE: You do not talk about Puppy Club.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Puppy Club.
3rd RULE: You talk about 5 books/films/TV shows you’ve read or watched in the last 12 months.
1) Crazy, Stupid Love: Yes, it was crazy, stupid and I loved it! Steve Carell - just looking at his face make me smile.
2) Deathly Hallows part 2: Like Tammy who nominated me (and almost everyone else in the Puppy club...oops just broke the first rule! darn!) I absolutely loved this film. The moment Voldemort lifted the Elder wand from Dumbledore's grasp, tears started running down my face because I knew it was the beginning of the end of an incredible cinematic journey!
3) ShadowFever: The fifth and final book in Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. Long-awaited and much appreciated. Word came out two weeks ago that Dreamworks obtained the rights to turn the books into films! Oh yes Jericho Barrons in the flesh...thank you very much!
4) Sin and Syntax: My line editor Ellee Braun recommended this book to me. It was the first purchase I made on my brand new KOBO. The tagline tells me I will now be crafting wickedly effective prose. I can't wait!
5) The only show I watch, religiously, is TRUE BLOOD. I prefer the storyline in the book series, but man to see your characters come to life on screen is like..."eye-candy"...Yummy!
And now onto ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD
There are two simple rules that accompany this award:
1. Share “7″ facts about yourself
2. Pass this award on to other deserving blog owners. (official rules say 15 others, Tammy whittled it down to 4. I need to gather more blogger friends before I can nominate any because all mine have already been given these awards! LOL!)
1: I married my high-school sweetheart* when I was 21. On November 1st, we're celebrating 25 years of marriage. (* I say high-school sweetheart but I actually fell for him in the 5th grade. We started dating a month before high-school graduation)
2. As much as I'm out-and-about in the world, nothing makes me happier than to stay home with my family, have a good dinner, read a good book , watch a movie (or catch the lastest episode of True Blood, alone, with the phone turned off...)
3.Although, I'm hired to entertain for all kinds of wonderful celebrations and produce some fun musical events, when it comes to important celebrations in my own life, I like things simple. Minimal frills, a tiny bit of pomp, not too much circumstance - but lots of family and friends!
4. Cathy Napper has been my best friend since we were 5. She knows everything about me - EVERYTHING - and no, I'm not giving out her contact details! HAHA!
5. Age has never been an issue for me but the truth is I'm beginning to worry about getting older. I know it's silly but I wish I could I'd be 25 forever.
6. I love the internet and being on the computer. I'm addicted - I think. I might have to buy a special chair to enhance the experience or to save my butt from going completely flat! LOL!
7. This fact is exciting for me. I'll be performing on Broadway in October. (Well, okay, technically it's not Broadway, more like off-Broadway at the TBG theater. Apparently, Anne Hathaway got her start there.) The way I see it, it's New York City my blog-hopping friends!! Can you hear me Woot-Wooting?!
Tammy, this was fun. Thank you for bestowing upon me the two honours.
If I could I'd nominate you, too! Cause you're cute, lovely and mighty funny!
While I'm at it, I'll shout out the names of a few other people I'd nominate:
My OWG friend from day one. She was the first to read Deathly Quiet - the second after I typed the last period - and who urged me to "go for it!" She is the best cheerleader and a wonderful writer!!!
A new OWG friend whose writing leaves me breathless.
Another new friend from the OWG who's witty, loaded with dark talent, and filled with a warm heart.
Oh yes, I'd like to mention...especially after reading her acceptance of the Minions of Misery Award, and answering a question at Tammy's blog, Angela Addams, in my opinion, is a mystery that would be very interesting to unravel! LOL!