Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday's Child

Friday's Child is doomed to misfortune…
The old wives tale crept into my head as I leaned against a crooked tree nestled in the heart of Briar Forest, pen in hand, contemplating life. Sometimes, I came here alone to jot down ideas or write little, dark tales. It was good therapy, a way to channel my angst, and something I needed to do.

As I doodled in the margins, I wondered how much worse it could be if the Friday’s Child also happened to be born on the 13th. I pondered it, making notes as I did and added more to my story.

I smelled trouble in the air but deep in thought, I dismiss it. Then a shiver crept up my back like an icy finger...

To read more of my dark flash fiction tale, head over to Bleeding Ink - A Collection of Dark Tales where you'll find the rest of this Friday the Thirteenth offering and guideline to submit your dark tale to our anthology.

May the Muses inspire you...
Lisa

1 comment:

Anne Michaud said...

I'm running over there right away, Lisa:) Good work!